PC Gamer Top 100 of all times

Did I miss this? Or is this news? PC Gamer's top 100 PC Games of all times contains an interactive fiction game at spot 97. And the good news is: it's not Zork. It's not even Trinity or A Mind Forever Voyaging or anything else by Infocom.

It's Anchorhead. And so it should be. Congratulations, Michael Gentry!

My own favourite PC game of all time is at number 8, which shows that the people at PC Games have excellent taste. (Hm.) Half the top ten are RPGs, by the way (including the number 10, Fallout 3, which has been misleadingly labelled as a FPS).

Comments

  1. I'm amused that Solitaire came in at exactly 82. Top 100s are top 100s, but it's still funny to think of the process by which you determine that Solitaire is one place worse than SimCity 2000 and two places better than Tomb Raider 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which leads me to my question -- why are RPG's so damn popular among the critics? Do games like Baldur's Gate even do well financially???? I'm pretty sure that casual gamers don't really bother with games more complicated than a simple shoot em up FPS unless it's a sports simulator like Madden. Maybe I'm selling the "casual gamer" short though. I just know from personal experience, I easily tire during games that require so much attention like Mass Effect, or Fallout 3.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping the narrative pressure on

Thoughts on a Trollbabe session